- Rabbi Nathan Neta Hanover – He was a Rabbi and a leader of the Community in the 17 th century, for ten years. He is the author of the two works, "Portile Sionismului" (“The Gates of Zionism”) and "Iadul Grecilor" (“Greeks’ Hell”). He passed away in 1683. In that year the whole Jewish Community was in mourning for the death of their spiritual leader, Rabbi Nathan Neta Hanover. Rabbi Nathan Neta Hanover was also a great educator.
- Rabbi Moshe Halevy Goldring (1847 - 1890) – the town’s Rabbi. He was active in the pre-Zionist movement, "YISHUV ERETZ ISRAEL" and Honorary President of the Great Congress held in Focsani in 1881.
- Rabbi Doctor Iacov Nacht (1872 - 1959) – of the persons the town Focsani can be proud of at the beginning of the 20 th century. He was the Rabbi of the town between 1901 and 1919. Thanks to him Focsani became a center of Zionist and cultural-Jewish activity in those years.
- Rabbi Moshe Kofler – Rabbi of the Community of the town between 1930 and 1939. Rabbi Moshe Kofler rests at the Jewish Cemetery in Focsani (1939).
- Rabbi Israel Isacson ( 1883 - 1972) was elected Rabbi in 1939 and functioned as such until 1954 when he immigrated to America. Rabbi Isacson enjoyed the reputation of an intelligent man in wide circles.
- Rabbi Isac Ithac ( 1883 -1972) Rabbi of the Focsani Jews for 10 years ( 1954 -1964), after serving as a Rabbi of the town Tulcea. The Rabbi settled in Focsani together with his wide and two daughters Fani and Tony. Rabbi Isac Ithac was interred in 1972 in the Holy Earth of Israel.